Thursday, November 26, 2015

Foundation Quest

Finding a foundation for mature skin can be a nightmare!  Although I haven't found my holy grail foundation, these two come pretty close! 
 Loréal True Match Lumi does a great job.  It doesn't settle in my fine lines and wrinkles and gives me medium coverage!  It lasts about 6 hours before it starts to break down!  But nothing a little powder can't fix!  Other people who have reviewed this foundation dislike it because they say it it settles in pores and wrinkles terribly.  I saw a little settling in my pores, but nothing major. I'm 47.  I will never again have the skin of a 20 or 30 year old!  So let's be somewhat realistic with expectations, huh???

Anyway...It gives a beautifulsatin finish.  Not super dewey or matte, just right in the middle.  It is a luminating foundation and does have micro-glitter that reflects light to give the illusion of luminous skin! 
Best of all, you can't beat the price point and the large shade range and come in Neutral, Cool and Warm complexion colors!  
The price is between $12.00 and $13.00 and can be found at Target, Walmart, CVS, Ulta and Walgreens! 

Would I buy this again?  Yes!

Next up is a higher end foundation!  It is IT Cosmetics CC+Illumination cream.  This is a light to medium coverage again with illuminating properties.  It claims to be buildable to a full coverage, but I'm fnot a fan of full coverage, so I can't comment if this claim is true. It is a very dewey foundation and has lots to skin benefits. It has beautiful coverage, applies easily with fingers,  never settles in fine lines and has a nice youthful, dewey finish.  It also smells GREAT!  I use my fingers to apply.  I don't have time to fuss around with a damp sponge or brush!  When they say "your skin only better," that is very true!
BUT...There are two things I don't like.  I only point these minor issues out because it is expensive and at the price, it should be nearly perfect in my opinion. Keep in mind.  These are my opinions and you may have a totally different experience.  Everyone's skin is different!  
1.  There are only 5 or 6 colors to choose from.  I tried "medium" first, WAAYY to dark.  I traded it for "light" and it was ok, but oxidized a little orange after a few hours.  Nothing too horrible, I just kept my eye on it.  I finally settled on "Fair" but it was too light.  So I mix "light" and "fair" and it is perfect.  
2.  It made my skin feel really tight after about 6 hours.  It was fine without powder, but a finishing (hydrating not mattifying) powder did not play well with this product on my skin.  This product can be purchased online, Ulta and Sephora and costs $38.00.

Would I buy this again?  Maybe

Finding a foundation you really like is hard, but I will not give up on finding my perfect foundation!  But in the mean time, these two foundation are doing there thaannng and I really like them!  :)
What foundation do you wear?  Have you found your holy grail foundation??  I would love to hear about your foundation routine in the comments!  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Interestin! I just gave up and quit wearing foundation but I think I will try your first recommendation!

    ReplyDelete